Upper School Social Worker / Maternity Leave Substitute
Maimonides School, a K-12 Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, Massachusetts seeks an Upper School Social Worker (full-time, grades 9-12, 150 students) to cover a three-month maternity leave, beginning January 2. The ideal candidate will have experience in schools and with students, and will have a degree in counseling or mental health (LICSW, PsyD, etc.). Responsibilities include:
• Build relationships with students through daily contact - whole group, small group, and individual meetings/sessions.
• Serve as case manager for students struggling with social, emotional, or psychological issues (including anxiety, depression, etc.), monitoring their academic, behavioral, and other experiences at school.
• Meet regularly with the Upper School Principals and Grade Deans to discuss students.
• Lead our advisory team and serve as an 11th grade girls' advisor.
• Work closely with college counselor, teachers, grade deans, principals, CEO, and other key stakeholders to develop programming and interventions, and advocate for student support/counseling needs of all students.
• Communicate with parents regularly about status and progress of their children.
• Provide regular and/or crisis intervention counseling to address issues such as academic performance, psychological well-being, social skills, self-esteem, attendance, self-advocacy, problem-solving, and motivation.
• Partner with parents on a range of concerns related to their child(ren).
• Liaise with private practitioners who may be seeing Maimonides students.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and three reference contacts to email@example.com (please do not call the school).