$75,000.00 Plus Bonuses.
Central, New Jersey
A Real estate firm with properties throughout the country is seeking a qualified and experienced Site manager. The Foreman will be responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers in delivering a successful project by meeting and exceeding project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule.
• Pre-plan work activities to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
• Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
• Plan the daily operations on assigned projects and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and materials.
• Assume responsibility for crew performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures.
• Initiate follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
• Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and hazard procedures, schedule, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
• Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
• Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
• Communicate with contractors or sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
• Train and motivate workers.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
• Perform other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
• 3 years of working experience in the construction industry, preferably in a commercial environment such as retail stores, apartment buildings, or office buildings.
• Must be comfortable running a jobsite and overseeing all trades- which include Hvac, plumbing, roofing, electrical, overseeing/scheduling sub-contractors, overseeing local inspections, overseeing material order and inventory, and more.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be open to extensive travel to the various company Jobsites throughout the Midwest and Southwest.
• Knowledge of all aspects of construction and maintenance.
• Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
• Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
• Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, building plans and specifications.
• Ability to maintain records and prepare work and time reports.
• Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office suite.