Who You Are:
Are you someone who thrives in a quiet office environment to get your work done? Are you someone who is articulate, detail oriented, punctual, responsible, and dedicated to getting the job done right? Our team of all women’s Medical Billers are a group of nice, caring, quiet people. We are looking to hire more Medical Billers who are excited to join such an environment and help us get the job done. We would be happy to train someone within the role and develop them within our company.
Who We Are:
Ezra Medical is a multi-specialty healthcare center located in Brooklyn, NY. We are a non-profit, FQHC and are dedicated to providing community out-reach and the highest quality of care for those falling into the disproportionately high levels of poverty and limited primary care access since the year 2000. Our full-time employees benefit from Health and Dental insurance, life insurance, generous time off policies, disability insurance, FSA accounts, pensions, along with a healthy work-life balance.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MEDICAL BILLER
TITLE: Medical Biller
REPORTS TO: Medical Billing Manager
Responsible for claim payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enter designated payers’ payments and adjustments via manual entry or electronic remittance download, review accuracy of entries prior to final posting.
2. Move balance to patient or submit claims to secondary payers where applicable.
3. Work to resolve claim denials with physicians, medical records department and insurance companies via phone or mailed appeals when necessary.
4. Run monthly account receivables reports to follow up on status and work to collect payment on open claims.
5. Identify overpayments by patient and refund by patient preferred method. Identify overpayments by payer and request recoupment or refund by check or electronic void.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduate.
2. Prior experience within a healthcare setting preferred.
3. Proficiency in computer skills and programs as they relate to billing operations preferred.
4. Knowledge of ICD, CPT, and HCPCS billing codes and insurance requirements preferred.