Level 1 Helpdesk Technician
|Salary||Starting at $18/hr|
|Position||Level 1 Helpdesk Technician|
|Job Location||14 N Madison Ave, Spring Valley, NY 10977|
ItCon, a leading IT & Cybersecurity provider, is seeking an entry level help desk technician with much room for growth. This person should be a good communicator and a person who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and really needs strong guidance. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETA's to clients. Most importantly, this person should be eager to learn while following prescribed procedures.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
• Record events, problems, and their resolution in the logs.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Provide Level 1 phone support.
• Answer Help Desk phones when dispatcher is out or unavailable.
• Ability to travel to client sites and work on-call, as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
• Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
• Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
• Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
• New hire with no certifications
• Eager to learn
• Takes direction from Engineers/Technicians