Excellent opportunity to run and grow the HR department of a thriving Medical Supplies company right near Monsey.
Under the direction of the CEO/CFO, Northeast U.S., represents human resource programs and services to location employees, acting with independence on implementation while applying corporate policies and practices. Ensures that results are monitored, feedback is reviewed with corporate specialists, and local needs are raised for consideration. Provides coaching and advice to managers on human resources procedures and precedents. The emphasis is on adaptation and implementation of broad organization policies, programs and services, and requires a balance between independent thinking and a bias for action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver and monitor compensation and benefit programs:
o Coordinate annual benefits enrollment and any interim new benefit enrollment, implementation, and communication
o Discuss and understand company benefits to respond to employee questions and problems. Liaison to benefits vendors and consultants as requested.
o Conduct routine salary administration tasks, providing advice to managers on employee salaries.
o Support annual merit planning activities.
· Develop Staffing Solutions:
o Make decisions on sourcing, hiring and job content for all non-executive positions
o Coordinate the recruiting process, including job posting and external advertising, candidate management, reporting and tracking documentation.
§ Place recruiting ads, negotiate rates, check ads for accuracy and maintain tear sheets.
o Participate in the recruiting process, interviewing and selecting final candidates, managing offers and on boarding. Develop, prepare, and conduct new employee on-boarding, orientations, enroll new hires in benefits and complete all new hire paperwork.
o Participate in career development issues, discussing career paths with managers and recommending candidates for promotion
· Provide employment relationship guidance:
o Maintain Company policies and procedures and ensure that policies are communicated and implemented. Map and maintain site-specific HR procedures.
o Work with Mgmt. Team to assist in confidential research, investigations, employee meetings, and other areas as needed
o Advise line managers and employees on human resources practices and procedures.
· Coordinate employee and organization excellence activities:
o Maintain performance review schedules, monitoring the quality and timeliness of annual reviews and new employee probationary reviews as applicable.
o Serve in various roles, from instructor to implementation team member, for local employee development programs
o Help develop and modify training programs such as harassment training, and other law basics for managers and employees
· Provide administrative support and information management:
o Understand and help the Company comply with EEO, ADA, FMLA and other Federal and State laws
o Assist in the maintenance and development of HR related materials
o Assist in maintaining personnel files
o Prepare reports, investigative briefs and maintain these files
o Establish accurate information tracking systems based on the HR information system, to support reports and filings that use headcount, benefits enrollment, compensation, employee status and other required data, in a confidential, accessible and reportable fashion
o Coordinate company’s events, parties and other team building activities.
· Knowledge of HR responsibilities, practices, and laws
· Able to prepare standard documents and reports using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
· 3-5 years related experience with progressively responsible roles
· Demonstrated continued development in HR fundamentals.
· BA in Human Resources related field or minimum 5 years related experience
· Demonstrated commitment to company goals and priorities
· Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize work for self
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Can work independently and as a team member
· Is a multi-tasker with proven follow-through and adherence to schedules
· Maintain high level of confidentiality concerning proprietary information
· Excellent organizational skills and good with numbers
· Work cordially and professionally with internal and external constituents
· Flexibility regarding changing priorities and deadlines
· Willingness to work extended hours when required
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year