Elementary School Limudei Kodesh Teacher
Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks an elementary school limudei kodesh teacher.
The limudei kodesh teacher will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates learning of parsha, Ivrit, tefilla, and the State of Israel. Candidates must be knowledgeable about Judaics, with a demonstrated passion for elementary school education.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
• Plan, build, execute, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school's Judaic Studies curriculum
• Teach critical skills related to the four strands of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
• Provide an environment that encourages participation, and recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group and offer support and flexibility as needed
• Work as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the mission of Maimonides
• Cultivate positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents
• Implement positive discipline
• Adhere to administration policies and rules
• Observe children and make notes of progress and development
• Provide a safe and secure environment in which children feel comfortable
• Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree
• 2-4 years’ experience teaching, preferably in elementary school
• Experience teaching Hebrew is a plus
• Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Maimonides currently has part-time and full-time positions available. Maimonides School runs on an academic year, beginning in late August and ending in late June. Most faculty positions are not required to work from late June - early August.
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
• Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
• Generous paid holiday schedule, including both federal and Jewish holidays. Maimonides School observes all the Jewish holidays, including Shabbat, which begins at sundown on Fridays.
• Cost-shared health, dental, and vision coverage
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Public transit reimbursement (up to $150 per year)
• 403B retirement match
Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Please apply to email@example.com with your desired position in the subject line.